My journey to the altar and becoming the wife that God has ordained me to be!
Monday, September 28, 2009
Weekly Savings Tip: September 28, 2009
Credit cards can help build a good credit history but improper use can be disastrous. Being knowledgeable and reading the fine print may save you money and prevent unnecessary charges. If you have one or more credit cards, consider the following tips:
• Credit card applications may offer low interest rates to attract customers. Before you sign, research the card’s varying interest rates, minimum payment requirements, grace periods, annual fees and credit limits before you open a new account.
• Make payments on time to avoid possible automatic rate increases and other credit card pitfalls.
• Pay off your monthly balance to avoid interest and to fully reap the benefits or rewards your card may come with (cash back, frequent flier miles, etc.).
• Understand the effect that cancelling a credit card will have on your credit score. If the card is one that you've had for awhile and consistently paid off, it could negatively affect your credit rating.
• Credit bureaus offer a toll-free number that enables you to “opt-out” of having pre-approved credit offers sent to you. Call 1-888-5-OPTOUT (888-567-8688) or visit www.optoutprescreen.com for more information.
Who is Conscious Bride? She is an extremely abstemious (is that the chic way to say frugal?) and hardworking woman. She just so happens to be crazy about Mr. CB, butter pecan ice cream, and sushi (yummmm). She is soaking up the experience of planning the party of the century on a rather menial, but self-imposed budget. Who said it can't be done???